Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I did a bad, bad thing....


I'm supposed to be doing work for my Senior Design class, so I have to keep it short. I did a bad thing today. I found out, from one of the bargain shopping sites I check out (www.slickdeals.net) that apparently, sports teams across America send out Fan Packs to people (I'm assuming they're for children, but it never really says...) who ask for em. Well, the good folks at slickdeals compiled a list, and before I know it, I had a form letter bcc'd to a ton of teams. Stickers and pocket schedules galore! Well, if nothing else, we're going to have a whole bunch of new crap to decorate our much-postered half bathroom. The Cleveland Indians already sent me this reply:

Dear Indians Fan,

Thank you for your email request. We are excited about your interest in the Cleveland Indians. In the next couple weeks you will receive three Fan Packs full of fun baseball games, quizzes, coloring items, and other exciting Cleveland Indians related items.


Holy Crap! THREE fan packs! And to think, all of the other cheapskates out there, only sending me one. Pssht indeed. Not that I really CARE about the Indians...but hey, they're making the effort. So Alex, prepare to be inundated with an onslaught of mail. Let's just hope our mailman can handle it (he actually asked if he could buy stamps off me last week....)

-Phila Maneto

*******************************************************************

Photobucket Our mailman is going to have his work cut out for him. He's already one of the slowest people on the planet. This is going to drive him fucking nuts.

Perhaps we should start sending letters to ourselves, addressed to various names, just to see if he can figure out how the mail works.

I'd love to start sending mail to random people in our Town Houses. Just to see what happens.

...and to make them think I'm insane.

Something along the lines of...

"Dear Residents of Unit 16:

You'll be happy to know that this unit is formally under the protection and constant surveilance of your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Donations Appreciated, but not Required."

We shall see....

---@lex

No comments:

Post a Comment