Monday, December 08, 2008

Trailers of the Week 3: Gamer Edition!


Unfortunately, there aren't any decent new movie trailers to speak of. For this reason, I've decided to find three future Video Games that look appealing. Again, understand that these may turn out to be the worst games ever--but if their trailers hold up, they should be fucking awesome.

1. Rise of the Argonauts


This is a Christmas pick of mine. Hopefully it comes to me wrapped in pretty bows. At my old house, we didn't have a chimney, so we decided to leave the door unlocked for Santa.

That was the year Santa decided to take away a majority of my Playstation 2 games. He did, however, leave The Bible Game and some a handful of others...

Santa knows what he likes.


Will Santa like this game enough to bring it to me and not take it away? We'll see.

Rise of the Argonauts will mark the third RPG release for the Playstation 3. I was never a huge fan of RPGs until I played Fallout 3...and now I'm addicted.


I think my main interest in this game comes from my fascination with the LucasArts game: Herc's Adventures--or as I like to call it: The Best Game Ever Made.

This game brings back my nostalgia for Herc's Adventures (even though I still own the game for PSone):

The oversized Hercules, the characters of Jason and Atlanta, and most importantly, what are bound to be some ass-kicking battles of mythological proportions!





The first Godfather game was epic. I have it for Wii, which may or may not be a mistake; however, the controls served the purpose. Like the Manhunt 2 controls for Wii, they made the game a unique experience and allowed me to take the unneccessary brutality into my own hands. Who wouldn't want that?


The only thing that fucked up the game was that the map was too large and the cars too slow to navigate across the whole thing for every mission.

From what I've seen, the new Godfather game seems much larger in scale, but also much more involved. Hopefully these modifications serve to improve the game and not to take everything fun out of the first game.





Little is known about this game, and I won't pretend to know much. I'll treat you to a few sneak previews of it (which turn out to merely be a graphics trophy case). The only thing I know about it is that it plays out like a film and tells the story of several characters dealing with a crisis.

Supposedly, if you die as one character, they're gone, and you continue play as another.

That's what I read, that's all I know...

...but this game looks stunning.

(those last two links aren't from the game. FYI)


-Alex (SYNT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment