Monday, November 24, 2008

Movie Trailers of the Week! (The First Installment)


If there's anything I love more than movies, it's movie trailers. Trailers and Teasers can even make the shittiest movies look amazing.

I didn't see JCVD...but I heard that it was absolutely terrible.

However, in a past blog entry, I said that it would be the best movie ever (because of the trailer).

So, today I watched some trailers...and whether the movies will be good or bad, I have no idea...

...but these trailers show some promise, and these movies will be fucking awesome (but don't hold me to that)!

This movie stars Mickey Rourke, Marisa Tomei, and Evan Rachel Wood. If that alone isn't reason to see it, there's Hardcore Wrestling and a story that looks like it could tear anyone's heart apart.

It takes place in NEW JERSEY...as most amazing movies tend to...

Not saying that Jersey is a magical place; just that if you set a movie in Jersey, you don't have to try too hard to make it heartbreaking.

Rourke has starred in three of my favorite movies: Spun, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, and Sin City, and it would be near impossible for him to let me down now.
If Marisa Tomei hasn't won you over by now, you should be fucking locked up.

Not impressed by My Cousin Vinny?

Go rent Before the Devil Knows Your Dead, watch it...then come back here.

I'll wait.
And if you're not an Evan Rachel Wood fan, your opinion doesn't matter anyway.

I apologize for the non-HD version. Click Here for the other versions.

I've been waiting for a real trailer for this movie for quite awhile, and today it finally came.

Parts of this may seem a little campy, but I trust J.J. Abrams ("The New Speilberg") to put this together the right way.


All of the characters look amazing. The sets look cool as hell; and the actors can definitely melt into their supposed roles. I think this may be something that Star Trek fans will be able to piggy-back on for a long long time.

...as they continuously mock Star Wars fans for their blind devotion to their "New Trilogy."

Yeah, I took the cheap way out and made it a tie.

I decided I only wanted to do three Movie Trailers of the Week (so as not to be needlessly over the top); however, I thought that both of these new PIXAR movies deserved mention.

Both look incredible and hilarious.


I haven't been following PIXAR too much lately...ever since they've been pumping out animated movies like Italians pump out babies.

I didn't like Finding Nemo too much.
Cars wasn't appealing to me at all...
I didn't see Wall-E but I did hear it was beautiful.
Bolt looks pretty funny...but not like this...
Ratatouille didn't look appealing at all...
...and The Incredibles was perfect.
PIXAR, unlike many other animation studios these days, has a habit of putting out decent-to-amazing movies, for the most part.
Monsters VS Aliens looks like it will be a silly/fun escape from reality like Monsters Inc. and The Incredibles...although The Incredibles was arguably the best PIXAR movie evarrrr...
UP appears to be more of a down-to-earth, heartwarming adventure, like I hear that Wall-E is.

These films seem to bring various audiences together in a way that other animated films try to do, and fail.
I hope to be able to have these "Movie Trailers of the Week" up for every Tuesday morning internet prowler. Hopefully there are three decent trailers every week or I'll be retiring this feature more abruptly than I started it.


-@lex

No comments:

Post a Comment